JOB TITLE: Community Support Worker – Registered Care
RESPONSIBLE TO: Registered Manager
- To work as part of a team providing clients, who live within their own homes, a service that meets their individual needs.
- To work in a manner that promotes respect, individuality, choice and the client’s rights.
- To support and enable clients to be actively involved in the running of their own home.
- To undertake an active role in enabling and supporting each client to achieve and develop their own goals and maximise their independence to the best of their potential.
- Providing personal care in a sensitive manner to clients living within their own home. This may include:
- Aiding clients with total body washing.
- Assisting with toileting and all aspects of personal care.
- Continence Management.
- Assisting clients with getting up and going to bed.
- Assisting with the use of Aids for their daily living and Rehabilitation Aids.
- To support and enable clients to make decisions about their own lives by working within the guidelines of their Care Plans.
- To enable clients to receive appropriate health care & advice where necessary.
- To assist & support clients with all areas necessary for them to live independently i.e. Laundry, Cleaning, Shopping, Bed making, Clearing refuse & rubbish ( or as detailed within their personalised care plans).
- To provide assistance with preparation of meals according to the clients dietary requirements and preferences.
- To aid with feeding where applicable.
- To be able to communicate effectively, using different methods of communication according to the individuals needs.
- To administer medication as needed, following policy guidelines.
- To be fully conversant of the clients care plans and to be aware of tasks & activities that should NOT be undertaken as part of their care duties.
- To respect confidentiality and follow policy guidelines.
- To participate in Staff, Team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Manager. To bring forward ideas and contribute to the relevant discussions.
- To participate fully in probation review meetings.
- To report back to the Registered Manager on any aspect of client care which he/she feels warrants investigation or urgent action.
- To follow and implement (relevant) A Class Care Ltd policies and procedures at all times.
- To carry out administrative duties related to the role including writing notes in the medication sheet, recording sheet, care plans and providing relevant reports.
- To perform tasks that ensures the smooth running of the clients’ home.
- To liaise with other professionals as and when required.
- To familiarise yourself and to comply with (at all times) the duties and responsibilities outlined in the A Class Care Ltd Health & Safety policy.
- To actively participate in regular supervisions and annual appraisals.
- Other such duties as maybe required to commensurate with the needs of the client.
- An enhanced CRB Disclosure is required for this post.
- To perform any other reasonable duties at the request of the Registered Manager.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.40 to £9.00 /hour