An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community Enabler to join KeyRing in Oldham. This is a zero hours post with a salary of £8.12 per hour.
KeyRing are a not for profit organisation and their aim is to support vulnerable people to live independently. We provide support to over 850+ people across England and Wales, from KeyRing networks to Self-Advocacy.
The Purpose of this role is to provide support to KeyRing Members in an enabling way so that people take control of their lives and develop, use and share their skills and talents. The role will include supporting people to achieve their aspirations, share their skills and talents, utilise and develop
community connections and to promote natural support relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who, for example is studying in a related area such as social care or community, wants to play an important role in the community; and/or wants to make a change in their career direction.
- We require individuals to be flexible, enthusiastic and have a common-sense approach.
- Have an understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults and have experience in a relevant area.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including service users, their families, staff, volunteers and professionals.
- Willing to try new activities and be open to challenge
- Ability to plan and prioritise your own workload
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A commitment to the values, aims and objectives of KeyRing
Benefits (or what we offer):
Salary £8.12 per hour
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holiday
- Excellent training program with recognised qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We pay for your DBS & Online Update
KeyRing is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date is 18 th February 2018