Nursery Nurse/Practitioner - Level 3
Nursery Practitioner, Level 3 +
Our client is looking for qualified and talented staff to join an enthusiastic team. The facilities and locations within this group of nurseries are exceptional. (Car needed as rural locations) all within 5 mins off junction 10 on the M25.
You will be required to work 40 to 50 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days, salary plus welcome bonus of £750 for the successful candidate!
- An enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated individual will be required to take advantage of this challenging and exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in quality childcare. Strong communication skills and team-working abilities are essential.
Qualifications and Training
- (NVQ3/NNEB minimum: as long as you is in process of studying for EY degree/EYP)
- Current First Aid qualification
- Equal Opportunities
- Child Protection
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working within a team
- To provide the highest standards of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within our nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Reports directly to their Head of room.
- Reports to their manager and deputy manager and when needed the Group Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- To ensure that safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, events etc
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind our nursery are fulfilled.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard to your responsibilities as a key worker.
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,000.00 to £23,125.00 /year