Responsible for managing the Amey Duke of Edinburgh’s (DofE) Gold Business Award Programme as part of the overall Apprenticeship Programme. This role also supports our other emerging talent initiatives- the Graduate and Undergraduate programmes and Apprenticeship Programme- helping ensure these meet the needs of the business and Amey’s people strategy.
What will this role involve?
- Manage and ensure successful delivery of the DofE Gold Business Award Programme which is open to all eligible apprentices every year.
- Responsible for managing relationship with key stakeholders at the DofE’s Award, ensuring programme is delivered against agreed quality, time, budget and requirements.
- Design and manage events and activities in line with DofE modules, including Residential, Expeditions, Business Skills modules, Community Involvement Day Projects and eDofE (online portfolio to log evidence)
- Act as the point of contact for all DofE related queries, offering support and guidance to apprentices, people managers and stakeholders. Look for ways to continually raise awareness of DofE, internally and externally.
- Ensure activities, event and processes are continually evaluated and reviewed to make sure they are meeting desired outcomes. Introduces new processes/changes when required.
- Provide support to HR Managers who deliver Apprenticeship and Graduate Programmes, helping them to meet business resource needs and requirements.
- Provide pastoral care to apprentice population including career advice, support and guidance.
- Support Amey’s community initiatives include DofE strategic partnership, chosen corporate charity partners and Community Involvement Day projects
- Lead on communications plan for the Emerging Talent Team, including project managing key projects such as National Apprenticeship Week
- Raise Purchase Orders for all Emerging Talent related invoices
- Work with the Learning and Development Team to help design and organise graduate/apprentice training.
- Process Learning Agreements through defined process for apprentices were applicable
- Provide support on other emerging talent initiatives, for example work experience/traineeships
What are we looking for?
- You are passionate about a specialist area and delivering an excellent HR service
- You are an approachable and people person who understands and works with individuals and teams, creating an environment that delivers effective results through people.
- You will have the gravitas and capability to build relationships to executive level
- You think on your feet – you like to learn and can do so quickly. When things change, you are adaptable.
- You feel comfortable presenting in front of others
- Has ability to multi-task, work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to plan and organise own workload accordingly
- You are motivated and driven
- You have proven generalist/specialist HR experience