We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Receptionist Apprentice role at Jackson Criss.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-presented, polite and friendly individual who will possess a willingness to learn and progress within a receptionist role and who can positively represent/be the face of our company.
Jackson Criss are independent retail & leisure property advisors, founded in 1990, comprising a team of 21 staff - with 15 fee earning talented professionals that enjoy working in a fun, collaborative and friendly environment. We have offices in Central London, Edinburgh and Leeds.
Training and future prospect
Training will be on the Business Administration Advanced Standard, with WhiteHat. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
Location: near Oxford Circus Underground Station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
What you will be doing day to day:
- Greeting all visitors on their arrival to the office, notifying team members that visitors have arrived, and serving refreshments.
- Maintaining the general presentation of Reception and the Board Rooms.
- Taking calls from agents and prospective tenants on properties we are marketing, screening calls and taking messages for agents
- Stationery management and replenishing printer supplies
- Filing and scanning documents
- Ensuring the kitchen is fully stocked and ordering/serving Friday drinks
- Organising the mail/couriers
- Making team travel arrangements, including booking flights, train tickets and hotels.
- Typing and recording invoices and updating tenancy schedules
- Keeping property listings up to date including online advertising
- Booking lunches and assisting in the coordination of company events such as boat days and Christmas parties
- Assisting other team members with organising and filing documents, and other admin related tasks.
Hours are 9 am - 5 pm, weekdays.
What we'd like you to have
- Well presented, courteous and friendly attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can show initiative, and have a 'get it done' attitude
- IT skills including; MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Efficient and a high level of attention to detail
- Diligent, well-organised, a 'can do' attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C - A * (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
* You're not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.