Finance Associate Apprentice - Accounting
We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Finance Associate Apprentice role at Wiser.
The Finance Associate reports directly into the Financial Controller and supports with the delivery of operational excellence, specifically in the finance and credit control function. This role has the potential to implement any strong and valuable ideas in a fast-growth environment, where finance is the backbone of the company.
Wiser is a creative and recruitment company agency amongst the UK's fastest growing companies.
Training and future prospects
Training will be on an Accounting Standard, 15 months, with WhiteHat. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role. A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
Location: near Farringdon underground station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
Duties will look like:
- Preparing management accounts and reports for use in meetings by the company leaders
- Overseeing the purchase ledger
- Conducting internal audits
- Creating invoices and distributing
- Credit control - building good relationships and being persuasive where necessary
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects such as building cash flow projections and supplier negotiations
- Supporting with business analysis as well as research and development projects.
Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Mon-Fri.
- This person must be sharp with numbers and excellent at analysis.
- Strong communication skills are necessary in order to be a true business support.
- Accuracy and timeliness are essential to the success of this role and will make a huge difference to the profile of this person and how quickly they progress.
- MS Excel - intermediate to advanced level
- Knowledge of a financial system such as Quickbooks
- Detail orientated
- Able to format financial reports in a simple, presentable manner so they are easily read
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C - A * (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
* You're not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.