Global Account Director
My client is looking for a Global Account Director to join my clients very successful Global Deployment team within their truly global IT distribution operations. This role is based in the South East of England. European travel is part of the role and will manage Global Accounts throughout EMEA/International.
You will work as an overlay in conjunction with subsidiaries to effect local engagement with project teams to maximize sales throughout and act as prime contact for central procurement / bids. You will manage Service level agreements and contracts with large Global Accounts. You will negotiate EMEA/Global pricing on behalf of subsidiaries in conjunction with vendors like Cisco, AVAYA, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks and F5.
You will also engage with new Service provider and Global System integrator customers and ultimately support EMEA Distribution System roll outs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximize sales opportunity within the identified customer base.
- By harnessing subsidiary sales resource
- Identify Global roll outs and working in co-operation with the EMEA/Global Team to effect significant sales volume.
- Negotiate subsidiary/theatre pricing on behalf of subsidiaries.
- Develop sales plan with subsidiary "buy in"
- Implement plan and measure success.
- Build high level relationships at VP level, Senior procurement
* Through regular business review meetings with the EMEA/Global Accounts, Analyze, Prospect opportunities, in order to anticipate business levels, plan required activities and provide accurate forecasts at the start of each month, and with regular updates as requested.
* Analyse performance against subsidiary budget and ensure delivery of budgeted numbers
* Implement appropriate plans to effect budgeted performance.
* Promote all relevant Product Accreditation Schemes and ensure commitment and adherence from the resellers across the programs' requirement.
Respond to RFI/RFP's on behalf of the Group with support from subsidiaries.
* Negotiate commercial contracts and gain agreement and support from subsidiaries
- Able to understand and effectively present International trade capability.
- Effectively communicate the EMEA/ Global value proposition including logistical services capability
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Patience to follow through on protracted negotiations
- Ability to perform under pressure and to meet demanding timescales
- Acquiring & Qualifying Business
- Developing Customer Relationships
- Supporting the Customer
- Fostering Communication
- Demonstrating Sales Versatility
- Collaborating Cross-Functionally
- Knowing the Customer
- Developing and Executing Sales Strategy
- Ensuring Self-Direction
- Closing the Business
- Applying Business Acumen
- Managing the Competition
- Working with Technology
- IT Distribution specific sales experience at a national and international level
Typically home based, but will be required to regularly visit subsidiaries and client, principally in Europe.