Occupational Therapist position in Bethnal Green. Earn £25 - £42 per hour (including holiday pay), for flexible locum shifts.
You would be the key member of a pioneering scheme to improving the reach of Primary Care. Take a leading role in a new initiative to avoid routine admissions and enable patients to be cared for within their own local community
A forward-thinking practice, based in a modern building, are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join their team for 6months-1year, to trial the incorporation of the Occupational Therapist role into General Practice.
In terms of CPD and improving your portfolio, this is an excellent opportunity to fast track your career.
What does this role involve?
You would be based at the GP surgery seeing patients both on site and within their own homes, mainly for the management of long term conditions with the ultimate aim of avoiding routine admissions.
It is a part-time position, for 16 hours per week. Ideally you would be able to work on a Wednesday, but the surgery is open Monday- Friday and Saturday mornings so you could work the days and times of your choice.
All patients are based in a small area around the practice, the vast majority within walking distance, so you do not need to drive to be suitable for this position.
What skills/experience do I need?
We are looking for someone fitting the following criteria:
- Experience within the role of Occupational Therapist (band 5-6), ideally assessing and managing physical capabilities.
- Experience with dementia and falls prevention
- Experience managing long term conditions (and of complex cases/comorbidity)
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and with social services
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously and manage complex conditions
If this is you, please get in touch to hear more about this opportunity and to be considered.
If you match some of the above criteria but not all, please do call in for an informal chat as you may well still be suitable!
- This could fit easily around an existing position, since the times you work can be determined by you and depending on your availability.
- You could quickly have a noticeable boost to your earnings, with high pay rates starting at £25 per hour going up to £42 per hour (including holiday pay).
- Add an impressive experience and key role in a pioneering new primary care scheme to add to your portfolio; a fantastic CPD opportunity.
- Make important professional connections in your area, and be a key support in the local community’s healthcare provisions.
About Chase Medical
We are a specialist Primary Care agency, providing staff to over 30% of all GP surgeries across the UK. We provide both locum and permanent positions to Primary Care staff such as Practice Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, HCA’s, Clinical Pharmacists, District Nurses, Physios, and Occupational Therapists.
There is a growing initiative within Primary Care to expand the skills sets within clinical teams, to ensure local GP surgeries can meet the demands of patients without needing to refer on to secondary care providers. Occupational Therapists are essential in bridging the gap between Primary and Secondary care, and we are working with more and more centres who want to bring you on board and utilise your skills and experience, in return for giving you a role in which you can quickly progress and the support to do so.
If this is of interest, please get in touch to find out more and to be considered. If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this opportunity we would like to hear from you, we offer rewards for successful referrals.
How to apply
Simply submit your CV or call in for an informal chat.