We are looking for the very best Care Assistants in the Birmingham area of West Midlands, close to the following areas: Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Bearwood, Frankley, Selly Oak, Bournville, Kings Norton, Bordesley Green, Ward End, Washwood Heath, Small Heath, Spark Hill, Moseley, Kings Heath, May Pole, Yardley, Acocks Green and Wthyall.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning provider who is proud to deliver high quality homecare and companionship to older people in their own homes. We always put the individual at the heart of the service and we are passionate about providing a service that allows an individual to live independently and maintain the quality of life they deserve.
There’s an epidemic of loneliness in the UK, especially facing our oldest and most vulnerable. But you can help change that as a Care Assistant.
What does the role entail? No two days are ever going to be the same. It could include anything from:
- Cooking light meals and making sure they’re eating healthily;
- Being a kind eye for the family and just watching out for any changes in their mental wellbeing;
- Helping them brush their teeth;
- Reminding them about appointments or when they need to take their medication;
- Being a good listener;
- Accompanying them out and about, as no one should feel trapped in their own home;
- Helping them record their favourite TV programmes or other odd jobs around the house!
We think our staff are the best around and we treat them as such, so there are some brilliant benefits, including:
- You will be paid £8.50 - £17.00 per hour.
- You will also be paid 20p per mile mileage allowance, holiday pay and pension (if applicable).
- You will receive excellent training and support, with the opportunity of ongoing progression.
- Most of all, you will be making a great friend! Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the best benefit for doing this job.
What are the potential hours?
Full-time and part-time hours are available, approximately 5-40 plus hours per week. Unfortunately, school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend then it can make a huge difference to a person’s life!
So, if this Care Assistant job sounds like you, and you are a caring, compassionate individual with a big heart, then please click “apply.”
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959988249