Payroll Officer £25,000 to £30,000 pa
Burnham Resources are currently looking for a payroll officer to join a Payroll Bureau of 600 clients, within an established Chartered Accountancy, near Aldershot. The payroll team consists of a payroll senior, payroll officer and part-time administrator. They are now looking for someone to join their team to bring assistance and to help manage the volume of client payrolls. Experience in a payroll bureau or Payroll accountancy environment would be desirable, but is not essential and this role would suit an individual who has impeccable attention to detail and is passionate about working as a team to achieve a mutual goal.
Reports into: Compliance Partner
Main objective: to work as part of team to ensure all client payrolls are run by requisite deadlines
The Payroll Officer will:
- Liaise with clients with regards to their payroll needs
- Collate information and process client payrolls, using “Star” software
- Issue pay by BACS transfers, and Autopay
- Set up new starters and process leavers
- Submit information to HMRC in accordance with deadlines
- Upload auto enrolment information to pension providers
- Create and upload payroll journals
- Resolve queries raised by clients
- Liaise with HMRC, submit payments and resolve PAYE and NI queries
- Prepare new client quotations for payroll and pension
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exquisite attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 3 years’ experience within a bureau environment or a busy accountancy practice
- Experience with running end to end payroll
As well as a fantastic environment to work, this position offers an excellent salary and benefits package. This will include:
- holiday 20 days per annum, which increases following 5 years, by 1 day each year up to 25 days (Managers get 25 days), flexi-time can be accrued up to a maximum of 5 days, and they operate this system on mutual trust and common sense, commission incentives for introducing new business and employees to the firm, Life Assurance (4 X annual salary), Private Medical Insurance (PMI) is free for employees, with an option to add family/partner/child (not via salary sacrifice). PMI includes Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)and “Free” car parking.
In addition to this there is also the option of a flexible benefits package with salary sacrifice, which includes:
- Additional holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 days
- Pension contribution (auto enrolment through Scottish Widows GPP)
- Childcare vouchers (join up until April 2018, then continue to order vouchers beyond 2018)
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the next 14 days. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.
Burnham Resources are a payroll recruitment specialist operating as a division of Principal People.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79337014