Kitchen Assistant - Part Time (Afternoons)
An amazing children's day nursery in Edgware is seeking a part time (afternoons) Kitchen Assistant to support the award winning catering provisions at their setting.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday, 13.00 to 17.00, and you will support the overall running of a busy nursery kitchen, which provides fresh, nutritious home cook meals for children aged 0-5 years.
You will be an experienced kitchen assistant with the skill and ability to support the head chef in order to plan, prepare and cook delicious home cooked meals for children aged 5 and under.
You will support the management of dietary requirements and managing the food safety systems of a fully functioning professional kitchen, a proven track record in Food Hygiene Inspections is highly advantageous.
You will support the chef and management of the nursery in planning the menu cycles and ordering produce.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
* Support the head chef to plan, prepare and cook nutritious, home cooked meals for children under the age of five years, including young babies who are weaning.
* Maintain the nursery kitchen environment to ensure hygiene standards.
* Support the management team in seasonal menu planning.
* To champion healthy eating.
* To be involved in the purchase and procurement of food and equipment.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
* Experience in a professional kitchen environment.
* Knowledge and experience in planning, preparing and cooking nutritious meals.
* Knowledge and understanding of child led weaning.
* A thorough understanding of allergy management.
* A working understanding of Food Hygiene & Safety, ideally qualified to Level 2.
* A working understanding of the Safer Food Better Business management systems.
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY TO FOR THIS POSITION
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79349205