Ward Host- Southampton General Hospital
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (SO16 6YD)
Evening 15:00pm – 19:00pm available
Serco Group plc is an international services company delivering essential services for the public sector. Our highly successful Health business works in partnership with the NHS in the UK to deliver a joined-up approach to deliver the best in patient care and service as well as providing integrated facilities management.
Serco has been announced as Preferred Bidder for an exciting facilities management contract with University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. Southampton University trust offers a range of services from neurosciences and oncology to pathology and cardiology. In 2015 the trust was named by the Health Service Journal as one of the top 100 NHS trust to work for in the UK.
The way we deliver our services is as important to us as what we deliver, something that sets us apart from the industry norm and that our customers recognise. We care passionately about healthcare and the role that we play in improving the delivery of healthcare in the NHS.
About the role
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you like working in a busy environment? Looking for flexible, regular hours? We have the perfect job for you.
We are currently looking for Ward Hosts to work with us alongside the trust, delivering the best in patient care. This role is an integral part of the trusts service and you will play a significant role in maintaining a positive patient experience throughout their stay
As a ward host you will be part of the onsite catering team ensuring the co-ordination of patient meals and beverage services are delivered on time to the relevant ward.
You will be responsible for ensuring your area is clean and hygienic to the highest standards, prepare and collect meals selected by patients for that days service and interact with patients on a daily basis.
- You will be involved in preparing and serving meals, snacks and beverages throughout the day in a fast paced, customer focused environment as well as ensuring that all beverages are served at the correct temperature according to food hygiene regulations.
- To wash utensils used in process of your duties i.e. the cutlery, trays and crockery used for patients.
- To work alongside the clinical nurses who will guide on what patient diets and fluids are required according to their medical needs.
- Be able to demonstrate high standards of customer interaction with patients and Trust staff to be an ambassador for the service.
- Maintain food safety and hygiene standards in your place of work and apply the food safety procedures applicable in your work area.
- Taking food orders using the provided Ipad (Saffron) with patients, explaining possible choices available to them throughout the day.
- All candidates must have excellent communication & customer service skills.
- You will need to be hard working, committed and show a passion for working in a customer focused environment.
- Understand the importance of hygiene and safety.
- We require a good standard of English language, both written and verbal, as you will consistently be communicating with patients and NHS staff.
- Previous experience in a food service environment / catering industry.
- Pay enhancements available for weekends and bank holidays
- Easy access to public transport
If you are ready for a career change or have catering experience & need a new challenge, the role of a Ward Host is a rewarding role and the stepping stone for your career in Serco.Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79976358