Catering & Care Assistant
We require someone upbeat for our part-time Care & Catering Assistant role in East London, near Stratford, Ilford, Barking, and Dagenham.
Our client provides a warm, fun environment to ensure children with palliative care needs receive all the support they require to have the best possible end of life journey. Behind our client’s door is an oasis of positivity and kindness, and their team is committed to bringing compassion and happiness into their work day.
What will your job role be?
As a Catering & Care Assistant you will be part of their wonderful catering and hygiene staff. Your duties will include:
- Working on a Shift basis including earlies, evenings, weekend work and nights, working 3-4 shifts per roster;
- Being part of a vibrant atmosphere;
- Liaising with the care staff to ensure our vulnerable children are getting the right food for their dietary requirements;
- Monitoring and recording the temperature of food & equipment;
- Adhering to the Food Standard Agency Guidelines & Hygiene Standards;
- Maintaining the hygiene standards of clinical equipment, kitchen, and Multi-Sensory equipment;
- Assisting the care staff in providing the children with quality support.
In return you will receive of £17,500 pro rata, as well as access to many company perks including public transport support schemes, and personal support both on and off the job.
What will you need to be a Catering & Care Assistant?
Desirable but not essential:
- NVQ 1 or 2 in Catering of Domestic Services
- Prior experience caring for sick and vulnerable children (0 to 19)
All applicants must have the following:
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate;
- Excellent Hygiene procedural knowledge;
- Clear understanding of infection control procedures;
- Strong understanding of HACCP and COSSH requirements
- Knowledge of how to implement the work health and safety act into the work environment;
- A flexible job ethic;
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and training.
So come and help look after some of London’s most poorly children with love and a smile. All you need to do next is click ‘Apply’.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959978771