Chef de Partie
1. To assist the HSM or Catering Manager in the provision and maintenance of a high quality, nutritionally balanced and well presented food service.
2. The preparation and cooking of food following menus already prepared by the Catering Manager.
3. To supervise and help train junior staff in catering duties.
4. To train junior staff in all Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and COSHH regulations, ensuring compliance with the same.
5. Check in kitchen supplies complying with stock control systems and maintain accurate records as required.
6. To ensure the safe storage of all food stuffs, to comply with stock rotation procedures ensuring the economical use of supplies.
These are the normal duties, which EFHL requires from the position. However, it is necessary for all staff to be flexible and all employees will be required from time to time to perform other duties as may be required by EFHL for the efficient running of the Home. This Job Description is non-contractual it will be reviewed from time to time and may be subject to change.
Confidentiality: It is a condition of service that all information obtained during the
course of employment, especially with regard to patients' affairs,
is of the utmost confidence.
Protection of To ensure that your practice and that of others meets with Vulnerable Adults: the requirements of the Protection of Vulnerable Adults(POVA) regulations. Reporting any concerns to the person in charge. Undertaking training and revision exercises as directed.
Equal Opportunities: To implement the Equal Opportunities policy into your daily activities wherever possible.
Health and Safety: To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your
Colleagues in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work
Act (1974) and relevant EC directives. Undertaking training
and revision exercises as directed.
Education Level : Necessary: General secondary level education
Professional Qualification : Necessary: NVQ II in Catering or equivalent
Desirable: NVQ III in Catering or equivalent
Specialist Experience : Desirable: Previous catering experience for significant numbers in a Care Home.
Physical Requirements : In good general health, physically and mentally
fit to meet the requirements of the role.
Other specific Attributes :
Ability to work on own initiative
Good team player
- Calm, professional and mature approach.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Empathy with older people.