Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker - Care (Uttlesford and Saffron Walden) to join their team based in Saffron Walden/Uttlesford. There are full time and par time hours available, and you will be there on a permanent basis. You will be offered a competitive salary of £17062.50 per annum (effective from 1st March 2018).
The Support Worker role:
To deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers in accordance with our client policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
They have full and part time positions available across a 24/7 rota. They are also interested in talking to people who would like to go on their ‘relief’ list to work on an as and when basis to fit around your lifestyle.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have experience as they offer a thorough induction and training package. All they ask is that you are enthusiastic, willing to learn and want to make a difference.
Responsibilities of their Support Worker:
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a key work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals. Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and policies, guidance and protocol
What they can offer you as their Support Worker:
In return they offer a company pension, a bonus scheme, mileage paid and 33 days annual leave a year (including bank holidays).
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as one of their Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ now, they’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 28/02/18
*Please note: Schedule 9, Part 1, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010 relating to Work Exceptions and Occupational Requirements applies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79577324