Floating Support Worker
Family Mosaic has an exciting opportunity for a Floating Support Worker, to join the team based in St Leonards-on-Sea. There are 3 positions available, 2 full time (37.5 hours) and 1 part time (22.5), all will be on a fixed term basis and will be offered a competitive salary of £18,750 per annum (£9,375 part time).
As our Floating Support Worker you will provide flexible, personalised housing support to people aged 65 and over to develop and maximise their capacity for independence. You will also provide information and support to people aged 18 and over with long term conditions to improve the quality of life and maximise their capacity for independence. Initially we need cover until 2 November but it is possible that cover could extend beyond that. We have an excellent opportunity for you to gain further work experience, covering both the Hastings and Rother areas of the county.
The Floating Support Worker key responsibilities:
- Ensure support provided is structured, time-bound and outcome focussed with goals set for both the client and provider to work towards
- Support clients to achieve their outcomes, ensuring they are supported to make choices, take control of their support, build social networks and become digitally included
- Create a supportive environment for service users, whilst respecting their right of choice and to live with dignity and respect
- Carry out needs and risks assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with agreed policy and procedure and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
The ideal Floating Support Worker will have the below skills and experience:
- Understanding of support issues relating to older people
- Understanding of support issues relating to 18+ year olds with long term conditions
- Experience of formulating risk assessments or managing risk
- Experience of working with statutory and voluntary agencies
- Joint working with external agencies
- Willingness to undertake relevant training
- Own transport for business travel, clean driving licence with comprehensive and business use car insurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as one of our Floating Support Worker then please click 'apply' now, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960057924