Finance / Payroll Assistant
About the company:
Our client is a growing voluntary organisation providing services to people facing acute challenges in their lives. Their vision is a just society where socially excluded people are supported and empowered to build sustainable, independent lives.
The company now operates a range of services all over the South West, not only addressing the needs of homeless people but also the root causes of homelessness. Their projects include their hostel in Bath, social enterprises, supported housing, domestic violence refuges, refugee support, homlessness prevention, criminal justice services, and various outreaches.
The day-to-day duties:
The post is to provide book-keeping support and provide support on the production of monthly payroll.
- Regular contact with managers and staff across the organisation and with external agencies.
- Development and maintenance of positive working relationships with a wide cross section of people
- Uphold and conform to our client's finance policy and procedures
- Supporting the Management Accountant in the day to day running of the finance office.
Specific tasks to include:
- Payroll (with support from their external payroll company)
- Sales ledger. Input, queries and reconciliation.
- Purchase ledger. Input, queries and reconciliation.
- Responsible for the accountability of the Credit Cards for the whole organisation.
- Month End schedules reconciliations.
Anything else as per required for the smooth running of the finance team.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
The successful Payroll Assistant will -
- Be AAT qualified
- Have previous of end-end Payroll exposure
- Have previous experience within Purchase and Sales Ledger.
- Be able to use Sage 200 or able to learn it
- Be able to use Microsoft Office at intermediate/advanced level
- Have good presentation and communication skills
- Have a high level of customer service skills
- Be highly organised
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Empathy and understanding of the needs of company Service Users
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
What they offer :
- £19,000 - £21,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Flexible to accept part-time hours or study leave for the right candidate
- Cash Health Plan
- Flexible Annual Leave
- Excellent supervision, training and development opportunities
- A chance to be part of an exciting and highly respected charity, making real difference to the lives of socially excluded people around the South West
How to apply
if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79857685