We are currently looking for an administration assistant to join our team in Newcastle either on a full time or part time basis (minimum 3 days per week).
As an administration assistant you will provide secretarial support and carry out a variety of administrative duties.
This will include but not be limited to:
- assisting the Office Manager in ensuring that all areas of the office administration remit are undertaken and that a high standard of service is provided at all times
- assisting with the Safety, Health and Environmental duties required for management of the office
- managing the main telephone line ensuring a high level of service and presentation at all times
- greeting all visitors coming into the office
- managing the set-up of the meeting rooms for client meetings, ordering of catering services for client meetings
- managing the booking of meeting rooms on site and assisting staff in the booking of meeting rooms in other Arcadis properties
- managing the incoming and outgoing mail & couriers’ deliveries/collections in accordance with site procedures
- ensuring documents (reports, letters, minutes, memos etc.) are prepared to high standards in accordance with the company system, standards and branding requirements
- ensuring production of documents/media is performed to required standards, including compilation, photocopying, binding, shredding, scanning, CD burning
- organising meetings, including presentation and distribution of the agenda, minutes and supporting documentation, including the organisation of refreshments, as required
- maintaining a system for filing of correspondence and other documentation and support project administration and filing procedures
- assisting with general administration tasks when required
- arranging travel and accommodation bookings for staff at Newcastle and other offices as required
- assisting with ordering stationery, PPE, travel, accommodation, purchasing requirements for office staff
You will have previous experience in an office administration role and be interested in taking on a new role where you will support a team and undergo training to be able to work independently as well as alongside the Office Manager.
You will have the following key skills:
- strong organisational skills
- competent literacy and maths skills with the ability to apply them to practical skills
- good ICT knowledge skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- a professional approach with the ability to work and interact well with a team
- a positive “can-do” attitude and a desire to learn and apply new skills
- able to work quickly and accurately through the planning and prioritising of own workload
- ability to communicate with others clearly, concisely, confidently, with consideration and respect in a way that engages the audience and achieves the desired result
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960113240