Functional Skills Tutor
Our client has an opportunity available for a Functional Skills Tutor to join their friendly team. In this role you will be based at Middleton on a full time or part time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £22,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Our client has been a specialist provider of training and development for the logistics sector for over 50 years. Thet boast high quality facilities at their training centres in Manchester, Warrington and their community based outlets in Stockport and Hulme. Their business is a mix of commercial and government funded activity. The finance department services 5 different companies within the organisation.
They have been awarded a Grade 2 (Good) by Ofsted.
About the Functional Skills Tutor role
The Functional Skills Tutor will be expected to work within the Employability and Skills for Life Team department, delivering IT, English, Maths and Employability qualifications, creating individual learning plans and reviewing of learner progress relating to these learning programmes. You will also be responsible for the assessment and testing of learners. Knowledge of Learndirect will be advantageous.
Working across their Middleton, Stockport and Warrington centres, you will be required to inspire a wide range of learners in cohorts at their learning centres, in the work place, at customer’s locations across the North West and remotely using both online and offline skills support materials.
What are the responsibilities of the Functional Skills Tutor?
- Deliver and assess Functional Skills and Employability learning support across a wide range of programmes.
- Ensure that your delivery of Functional Skills and Employability aspires to ‘Outstanding’ in relation to Ofsted inspection criteria, awarding bodies and external contracts.
- Record the delivery of skills for life learning and maintain learner records to ensure audit requirements are met.
- Provide learner support through a variety of means including face-to-face, telephone, internet and email.
- Provide learners with initial advice and guidance regarding appropriateness of courses and establish records and learning goals suited to the learner’s needs
- Induct learners into the learndirect environment, courses and systems where appropriate.
- Conduct and administer examinations to awarding body standards.
- Work with all relevant personnel in the development of Skills for Life learning resources and Employability learning programmes.
- Promote Functional Skills learning in a manner that it becomes an activity valued by the employers and learners we work with.
- Support departmental management in ensuring that the department is working to funding targets.
- Undergo personal development to maintain and develop skills relevant to the job role and as required by contracts for funded learning.
- Develop and maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary Skills for Life development theory and methods.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Be prepared to travel and work flexibly in providing support for learners across the North West.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
Their ideal Functional Skills Tutor have the following skills & experience:
- ICT, English and Math’s qualifications all at L2 or above
- Experience of a range of Skills for Life/ Functional Skills support materials and resources
- Experience of delivering Employability and/ or Skills for Life programmes
- Experience of conducting learner reviews
- L5 Teaching Qualification
- PTLLS or equivalent
- Achieved or currently working toward Level 3/4 Subject Support Tutor in Literacy and/or Numeracy and or ICT
- Advice and Guidance L3 or above
- Experience within a Skills for Life/ Functional Skills Centre
- Experience of working on learndirect contracts
- Delivering and supporting programmes for the unemployed
If you would like to join the team as their new Functional Skills Tutor then please click ‘apply’ today, they'd love to hear from you!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and they welcome applications from women and men, regardless of race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79966086