Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant, Bradbury House, Gosforth
£9.03 per hour, 29 hrs per week.
- To supervise and participate in the delivery of care to the residents.
- To lead on the responsibility of residents individual care documentation ensuring a person centred approach.
- To provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
- To be responsible for the administration of medication
- Work effectively with others within the home to ensure that residents needs are met
Resident care and support
To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect.
To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences involving resident, representatives, key workers and management as appropriate in line with Abbeyfield policies.
To be responsible with the team for continual monitoring of each residents health needs by ensuring access to NHS healthcare services and monitoring of health related care documentation assessments. To include appropriate liaison with residents, relatives, deputy/manager and relevant staff.
To ensure residents choice and independence is respected through appropriate risk management involving all parties and ensuring accurate up to date record keeping.
Encourage residents to be involved in the Home. Welcome and encourage their participation in activities so that they can participate and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated.
Assist as required with social functions that take place at the Home.
Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
To administer prescribed medication to residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
- To effectively lead, motivate and support care staff via
- Upon appointment to assist in the appropriate induction and support of new care staff to the home.
- Provide effective supervision sessions for care staff within the team and support with identified training needs.
- Assist staff to complete relevant documentation as directed.
Closing date for receipt of applications 6th March 2018 This post is subject to DBS check.
To apply, please apply online