Care Assistant (Nights)
Health Care AssistantDescription
- Health Care Assistant.
- Poole, England, United Kingdom
- Night Shifts Available.
- Part-time or Full-time.
- Pay rate: £7,60 to £8,60 per hour. (DOE)
We are recruiting a group of Dementia Care Homes in, Branksome (Poole) & in Lower Parkstone (Poole) who do things a bit differently from most care homes!
We require NIGHT Care Givers (Health Care Assistants) (Full or Part) for our busy home in Poole.
Our client uses a model of dementia care that focuses on building on individual's strengths and retained skills whilst supporting them in the areas where they need the most help.
The residents are encouraged to live as independently as possible and as a carer you will be playing a key role in making this happen. If you want to work with older people to enhance their lives and don't mind every day being different from the day before then this job is perfect for you.
You might be working as a healthcare assistant already and be feeling disillusioned or wanting more of a challenge? Or maybe you want to come back to care after a break and feel you need the support of a professional and caring team? Perhaps you have never done this sort of work but want to make caring your career?
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Perform light housekeeping duties that clients can't complete on their own
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Listening to residents and reassuring them.
- Helping residents with significant dementia related issues.
- Using equipment to lift and move patients
- Attending meetings with other healthcare professionals
- Completing daily records, incidents and/or accidents.
We are looking for people who will enjoy making a positive difference in people's lives.
- Available to work in 12-hour shifts
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Caring, enthusiastic, compassionate personality
- Can-do attitude and a commitment to provide the highest in quality of care
Our client will offer:
- Free training
- NVQ training
- Free DBS.
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Opportunity to career progression
- Subsidise meals in the care home.
- Working in a friendly and close team.
Our client provides extensive in-house training of the very highest quality as well as a comprehensive 4-day Dementia Training Course that you will not be offered anywhere else! Also unlike most providers of care WE DO NOT CHARGE you for the excellent training you will receive if you give us 8 weeks’ notice of your intention to leave employment to give our client the chance to recruit to your post!!
To apply please Contact Xiomara at Marah Recruitment on 0782 607 3607 or you can apply at www.marahrecruitment.co.uk and we will contact you to discuss things in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79973272