Disability Assessor- Newry
Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, OT, Paramedic, Physiotherapist
Starting salary: £34,000
Full or Part Time Job
With over 70,000 employees and a rich mix of products, services and expertise, Capita are the nation's leading provider of outsourcing and support service solutions. We're proud to work with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service. About the role: With the introduction of the new legislation, it's a great time to join us and our expanding team. Your rewarding and essential role entails clinically assessing and compiling reports that help claimants through the often-daunting benefits process.
- Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility
- Conduct observations and assessments on an individual's capacity to carry out functional activities
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP (or DfC) in their decision-making
- Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports)
- Work to ensure the productivity and quality targets, established by Capita PIP to meet its contractual Service Level Agreements, are met
- Utilise Management Information and feedback systems to support improved quality and performance. Take ownership of any feedback to aid own personal and professional development
- Maintain and evidence personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Online Mandatory Training (OMT) and ensure continuing professional registration
- Develop own clinical knowledge of the functional impacts of health conditions less familiar to you
- Excellent observational and decision-making skills
- Effective listening, probing, questioning and conversation management skills
- Ability to work at pace, set boundaries, manage conversations and keep to timescales
- Ability to relate to people from a range of socio-economic backgrounds, races, religions and cultures
- Report writing skills *Ability to type whilst conducting an assessment (multi-tasking)
- Ability to deal with a high percentage of work using a laptop and IT systems
- Ability to use remote connections and secure access to systems Essential Qualifications
- Two years' post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Nurse or Paramedic
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the NMC/HCPC/GMC and hold a valid PIN
- Hold a full current Driving Licence with access to a car
What's on offer: You will embark on a 6-week intensive training course (fully paid) which will include classroom based and activity based learning. Thereafter, there is a further 5 weeks on the job training with close mentorship and development. Ongoing CPD keeps you up to date and eligible for revalidation. We are passionate about rewarding and developing our workforce, that's why, with our excellent training programme, we also offer great career progression and plenty of avenues too. What this means for you? You'll receive training, make progress and gain experience. You'll tap into a professional network that's supportive, so you'll feel comfortable and confident at work. You'll apply your own thinking to new situations, and feel rewarded by doing so. You'll receive greater financial reward than you might in other healthcare roles. You'll develop new skills, both professional and behavioural, as a result of rising to the challenges you face.
Benefits: As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday per annum, pension scheme, and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Capita PIP is an equal opportunities employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all applicants.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. Alternatively, send your CV direct or contact Sophie Clarke: 077103 84685 /
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79977839