Family Support Worker - Autism Services
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER – AUTISM SERVICES - RIPLEY, DERBYSHIRE – FULL TIME & PART TIME ROLES AVAILABLE – UP TO £17,101.50 BASIC SALARY & BENEFITS
Our clients work closely with children, young people and adults with autism spectrum condition (ASC) and support them and their families, providing practical help. This can include working 1:1 with the child, young person or adult for a set number of hours a week or responding to an unforeseen need flexibly and sensitively. 1:1 time can involve improving life skills, working on communication skills, increasing familiarity with everyday situations or just relaxing and enjoying leisure activities, such as swimming or the cinema.
Owing to an increase in demand for their services, they now require additional Full Time & Part Time Family Support Workers to work across Derbyshire. They are interested in hearing from a wide range of people though given the nature and needs of their clients, they are particularly keen to hear from male candidates and from those in the north and south of the county. Preference will be given to those who can commit to regular working at weekends, evenings and during school holidays.
If you are interested in this role, have your own car and are able to secure business insurance, then read on:
As a Family Support Worker you will be:
- Supporting children, young people and adults with ASC to enable them to participate in a variety of social and/or leisure opportunities.
- Liaising with parents and carers to ensure that every effort is made to fit in with their needs and priorities and with those of the child, young person or adult.
- Advocating on behalf of families and people with autism and other disabilities.
- Preparing and completing all necessary documentation relating to the services you provide, including (but not limited to) care plans, risk assessments, visits reports and progress reports.
- Liaising regularly with the Service Co-ordinator/s to keep them informed of service delivery and any issues arising
- Liaising with families to ensure that the clients’ needs are met
- Providing 1:1 and/or group support through planned activities in the community
- You will be working mostly at weekends, in the evenings and during school holidays
- Up to 37 Hours Per Week for the full time role
- Between 15 & 20 Hours Per Week for the part time role
- You will be working at various locations across Derbyshire (Locations to suit clients’ needs and circumstances.)
- The successful Family Support Worker will ideally have similar experience, however this is not essential as comprehensive training will be provided
- For the full time role you MUST be able to commit to working regular weekends, evenings and during school holidays
- You MUST be physically robust and able to communicate effectively
- You should have an awareness of the needs of people with autism
- You should have an understanding of the need for safeguarding
- You MUST be able to pass a DBS Check (Disclosure and Barring Service check)
- You must have a full driving licence, access to a car and be able to secure business insurance
- £16,770 pa to start, rising to £17,101 on successful completion of 6 months’ probationary period FOR THE FULL TIME POSITION
- £8.60 per hour to start, rising to £8.77 on successful completion of 6 months’ probationary period FOR THE PART TIME POSITION
- 45p per mile mileage allowance (subject to the company mileage allowance policy – to be discussed at interview stage)
- Expenses (subject to the terms)
- Comprehensive training, including but not limited to:
Introduction to and strategies for working with autism
Working with families
Safeguarding and DAS policies
- Working as part of a small and highly supportive organisation (a small and well established local charity)
- An opportunity to provide meaningful and important support to vulnerable individuals and their families
IMMEDIATE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE
Follow us on twitter @awconsultingltd
In respect to the above role(s), Anderson Wright Consulting Ltd operates as an Employment Agency
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER – AUTISM SERVICES - RIPLEY, DERBYSHIRE – FULL TIME & PART TIME ROLES AVAILABLE – UP TO £17,101 BASIC SALARY & BENEFITS
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79983943