To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all cold section/larder work to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction and maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the Unit to the required standard in the Service Level Agreement.
What you have to do:
- Organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all cold food preperation (participating as necessary) at the required time, all food provided to the standard laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: adhering in particular to allergen awareness policy and process.
- Support Executive head Chef in preparation for special functions as required, some of which may require overtime.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Ensure that the Company's documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- Control and maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service check and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- Maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Take all necessary steps to ensure security of the kitchen, stock, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexo’s control
- Attend and adhere to company training and leading other staff members and temporary staff according to the needs of the unit.
- Participate in and contribute to catering team meetings
- Have daily informal meetings with the Chef at the start of each day to review and plan food production, hospitality bookings and any other issues.
- Assist Chef Manager with counting stock on a weekly basis.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the Executive Head Chef.
- Relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances where possible and on request.
- Attend meetings, conference calls and training courses as requested.
What it will look like when you are doing the job well:
- Cost targets are met or exceeded, wastage is below agreed limits.
- Client KPI scores are maintained at above 95% in relation to food quality and customer service.
Knowledge, skills and experienceEssential:
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Previous catering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in areas with limited space.
- Ability to achieve set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to the role
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working to agreed cost limits
- Computer literacy