Business Development Manager
King of Servers is an independent, end to end IT solution provider.
- We help companies select, procure, deploy and manage their business IT systems. We work with a diverse range of businesses across multiple verticals including SMBs, corporates and the public sector
- We have a great reputation for specifying, configuring and supplying servers, storage and networking solutions from leading brands such as Hewlett Packard, Dell, Cisco and Synology.
- Founded in 2012, King of Servers is a new breed of IT supplier with a fresh approach. We have the stock (multi-million pound inventory), team, partnerships and vendor relationships to deliver; whether it's hardware, software or services.
King of servers business has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and we’re at an exciting time in our company growth where a great opportunity is available for a Business Development Manager with the experience and proven track record to join our growing team.
Personal qualities like good business sense, great communication and sales skills count for more than formal qualifications in this role.
You will have a proven track record of new business development and account management in a business to business environment, preferably within an IT vertical. Candidates who hold or have held such positions for a UK IT reseller could be an excellent fit. Skills and experience we seek include
• Proven sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process
• Confident negotiator and persuader with the ability to ‘close the deal’
• Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises
• Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
• A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
• Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
• Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
• Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
• Strong analytical & numeracy skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• A positive attitude to dealing with people
• Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
• UK driving license (own car is preferable)
• IT literacy – good grasp of Microsoft Office suite of programs
Key results/deliverables/budget responsibilities
• Specific targets, KPIs and budgets will be drafted and agreed as part of the Business Development Plan that the BDM will be responsible for producing.
• The BDM will report to the Sales Manager.
The BDM will have individual responsibility for new business, and is expected to self-manage. However, support is available from the Managing Director and Sales Manager for complex large pitches and strategies.