Temporary Events Organiser
Job Title: Temporary Events Organiser
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time
They are a successful organiser of Technical Conferences on engineering subjects. The company is currently looking for maternity cover for one of their Events Organisers to join them as soon as possible. For the right candidate, part time working will be considered.
The Team run 3 - 4 events each year, most of which are in technical areas associated directly with Fluid Engineering topics and services provided by other divisions of BHR Group.
- Working with the Events Manager to project manage up to six conferences at any one time
- Execute all principal administrative functions, which may include marketing the event
- Liaise with the Technical Committee, authors, presenters, session chairmen and guest speakers
- Ensure all papers are submitted, circulated to referees, processed and completed ready for publication within the agreed timescale
- International onsite attendance of the event, Co-ordinate presentations and programme (including audio visual)
- Arranging venues
- Oversee publication of proceedings
- Plan and implement the programme for each conference
- Retain financial control of each event
Due to lead-times for these events that are generally up to 12 months, the organiser may be in control of up to six events simultaneously, all at different stages of development.
- Keen to embrace latest media technologies
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work well with other members of the Conference team and our engineering staff
- A strong candidate able to bring a methodical approach to projects and an eye for detail
- An outgoing personality, able to communicate effectively with clients and customers at all levels
- An excellent telephone manner is required
- Enthusiastic and committed, with a can-do attitude
- Willing to travel internationally
An in-depth knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet systems is required, together with a high speed of operation and accuracy. Some knowledge of event building software would be advantageous, however training will be given.
A competitive salary is offered with benefits and flexible working. Situated on the Cranfield University campus, they enjoy access to a wide range of social and recreational facilities as well as learning resources.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of, Temp Organiser, Maternity Cover, Organiser, Events Organiser, Temporary Events Organiser, Events Administrator, Commercial Events, Commercial Organiser, Events Support, Events Support Officer, Commercial Administrator, Commercial engineering Coordinator, Contracts Coordinator, Commercial & Procurement Administrator, Senior Commercial Administrator, Business Administrator, Engineering Commercial Coordinator, Engineering Commercial Administrator, Administrator, co-ordinator will also be considered for this role
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960154493