A long-established law firm, 53 employees and 6 partners, based in Warwickshire is looking for a Financial Controller to provide structure to the internal financial reporting function to oversee all things financial.
As well as responsibility for the day to day accounts and finance function, this role requires you to undertake a strategic role and be part of the decision-making process for the future development and growth of the Firm and so this is a key strategic board level position.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Diligent leadership of the Finance/Legal Accounts Team
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other internal reports
- Helping to develop and implement the practices strategy and business plans
- Provide financial and commercial advice to the Management Board
- Liaise and manage the relationship with external Accountants, Banks, Indemnity Insurers and Financial Advisers
- Ensure the Firm’s Compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct and the Solicitor’s Accounts rules and be the Firm’s COFA.
The successful applicant will be a confident qualified accountant who has:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible hands on approach
- A strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of working a £3.3m t/o environment
Previous experience of working in a legal practice along with new accounts system implementation would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Please email your CV and accompanying letter explaining why you think the position is for you to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE