Investment Manager - Mezzanine Loans & Equity Investments
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Established in 1994, MSIF provides a wide range of funding to businesses across the North West, predominantly in the Liverpool City Region and surrounding areas.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Investment Executive to join our team based in Liverpool.
The Investment Manager will be required to assist the Investment Director(s) to complete larger mezzanine loans (£500k to £1.0 million) and equity investments from £250k to £2.0 million.
The Investment Manager will be required to:-
- Review and prepare a commentary on business plans and information memoranda
- Attend presentations from management teams seeking funding
- Analyse statutory accounts and present findings to the Investment Director(s)
- Prepare illustrative valuations using the standard MSIF template
- Populate the proprietary MSIF deal structuring model
Project Management Of The Investment Process
The Investment Manager will be required to assist the Investment Director(s) with:-
- Preparing investment papers for submission to the MSIF Investment Panel and assist with the presentation of individual investment opportunities to the Investment Panel
- Producing tailored offers letters based on MSIF templates
- Co-ordination of the due diligence process
- Preparing final investment papers summarising due diligence findings for presentation to the MSIF Investment Panel and assist with the presentation of the findings to the Investment Panel
- Reviewing with MSIF's lawyers and the Investment Director(s) the MSIF loan/investment documentation and participate in negotiations with the other parties involved in each transaction (e.g. asset based lenders, banks, management and their advisors, etc.)
- Ensuring that all conditions associated with MSIF's loan/investment have been satisfied prior to completion (including anti-money laundering checks, draw down notices, etc.)
- Completing MSIF's standard post completion checklists
- Handover of the loans/investments to the Portfolio Director/Portfolio Manager/Portfolio Support Manager including attendance at Portfolio Review Meetings as required
Over time, the Investment Manager will be required to source new loan/equity investment opportunities for MSIF.
The Investment Manager will be required to represent MSIF at marketing events (both MSIF hosted and third party events) and over time make presentations on behalf of MSIF, as required.
- A qualified accountant with post qualification experience
- Corporate finance/M&A experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Offices skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ambitious and hard-working self-starter
- Out-going and sociable
- Capable of growing in to the role of Investment Director within a three year period
Please click on the apply link to submit your CV directly to the recruitment team