Disability Assessor - Nottingham
Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, OT, Paramedic, Physiotherapist - Permanent Jobs
Starting salary: £34,000
Full or Part Time Job
Capita Plc With over 70,000 employees and a rich mix of products, services and expertise, Capita are the nation's leading provider of outsourcing and support service solutions. We're proud to work with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service. PIP replaces Disability Living Allowance for working age customers from 16-64. Capita pride themselves on delivering the entire PIP process to the highest standards.
About the role:
With the introduction of the new legislation, it's a great time to join us and our expanding team. Your rewarding and essential role entails clinically assessing and compiling reports that help claimants through the often-daunting benefits process.
- Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility
- Conduct observations and assessments on an individual's capacity to carry out functional activities
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP (or DfC) in their decision-making
- Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports)
- Work to ensure the productivity and quality targets, established by Capita PIP to meet its contractual Service Level Agreements, are met About you: * Excellent observational and decision-making skills
- Effective listening, probing, questioning and conversation management skills
- Ability to work at pace, set boundaries, manage conversations and keep to timescales
- Can relate to people from a range of socio-economic backgrounds, races, religions and cultures
- Report writing ability
- Able to type whilst conducting an assessment (multi-tasking)
- Capable of dealing with a high percentage of work using a laptop and IT systems
- Able to work remotely using remote connections (training provided) Essential Qualifications
- Two years' post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Nurse or Paramedic
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development * Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the NMC/HCPC/GMC and hold a valid PIN
- Hold a full current Driving Licence with access to a car
What's on offer:
You will embark on a 6-week intensive training course (fully paid). Thereafter, there is a further 5 weeks on the job training with close mentorship and development. Ongoing CPD keeps you up to date and eligible for revalidation. We are passionate about rewarding and developing our workforce. The opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What this means for you?
You'll have everything you need to undertake your work with confidence. You'll enjoy a more conventional work-life balance - and you won't work on Christmas Day. You'll develop new skills, both professional and behavioural, as a result of rising to the challenges you face. You'll receive greater financial reward than you might in other healthcare roles. You'll be applying your empathetic manner and desire to care, to something important to people. You'll work within a system that is designed to help those who need it. You'll deliver a service that makes you feel a part of the 'bigger picture'. Benefits:
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday per annum, pension scheme, and access to voluntary benefit options including; share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. What we hope you will do next Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Alternatively, send your CV direct or contact Kirk Higgins for more information on 07712429815 / .
Capita PIP is an equal opportunities employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79904017