SEN KS3 Cover Teacher
SEN Secondary Key Stage 3 Cover Teacher required for Lincoln on a long term basis
SEN Secondary Cover Teacher
Key Stage 3
Required in Lincoln, Monday - Friday
Qualified Teacher - Main Teacher Pay Scale
Ofsted graded Good in all areas
Your new company
This local schools provides a fantastic service within Lincolnshire, helping youngsters to achieve their full potential. Their aim is to prevent exclusions through highly-experienced teaching for children who struggle in mainstream schools. This school opened in September 2013 providing a unique high-quality alternative education for youngsters aged 11-16, who for a variety of reasons may not be succeeding in a conventional classroom environment. They also offer a specialist behaviour advice outreach service across Key Stage 3 and 4 tailored to meeting the needs of pupils, parents and schools.
Your new role
The School is an innovative setting and they are looking for an inspirational teacher who is able to impact upon their students to achieve the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Pupils are often placed here part-time and on short term placements though some of their KS4 students remain with them to complete their education. The role requires working across curricular subjects to deliver a core English, Maths, Science and PSHE curriculum. In addition, regular liaison with mainstream schools will be needed to monitor any GCSE pathways they may be following back in their own school. Pupil groupings are smaller than in a mainstream setting (4 - 12) and all will have additional emotional and behavioural needs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Promote good progress and outcomes by students
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of working with children
- Experience of delivering a differentiated curriculum to students with a wide range of needs
- Experience of managing an effective classroom environment to support student learning and positive behaviour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 01522 313301.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79975847