What it’s about
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic team working to develop and deliver training and professional development for teachers, school leaders and teacher trainers. This role would suit someone who is interested in and knowledgeable about approaches to teaching and learning, keen on detail and highly organised.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working with colleagues to:
- Manage the recruitment and development of teacher trainers
- Support the design and development of a range of materials, courses and conferences
- Guide schools and colleagues on the latest themes and ideas in education.
What we’re looking for
- Someone who is educated to postgraduate level, preferably with a teaching qualification and secondary school classroom experience.
- You will be proactive and professional, confident, flexible, creative and good-humoured.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential: you will be required to liaise with people at all levels within the organisation and externally, demonstrating your tact and discretion appropriately.
- You will need a high level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- Some international experience would be an advantage.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
The Teaching and Learning team is part of the wider Professional Development Services unit, which in turn forms half of the Education Division at Cambridge Assessment International Education. We work closely with other teams across the organisation and the University of Cambridge. Our remit is wide, varied and very interesting, spanning all regions of the world.
Our objective is to support schools in helping students learn, and we do this through creating materials, providing the educational content of conferences, managing school evaluations and consultancies, and training experienced teachers to work on our behalf in a range of roles. We are a creative, engaged team, with a focus on working out what works in education and communicating this to schools.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4 March 2018 and interviews will be held on 12 and 13 March 2018 for a start date of June/July 2018.
Please apply online; uploading your covering letter and CV of no more than two pages each.
As part of your recruitment process, you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.