Management Accountant (part-time)
We're on the hunt for an experienced Management Accountant to join the busy Finance and Administration team. This is a role that reports to the Head of Finance and would suit an energetic and flexible team player, with fantastic attention to detail, who thrives on problem-solving. This role is offered at 3 days per week with flexible working.
What you will do:
- Prepare the monthly management accounts;
- Monthly reporting for various key business lines;
- Prepare the monthly management pack;
- Weekly commercial reporting
- Assist with annual budgets and forecasts;
- Assist with financial business plans by business line;
- Ad hoc analysis for sales team and CEO; and
- Improving processs and procedures across Finance.
Working as a member of the small Finance and Admin team a flexible attitude is essential, with a willingness to cover other finance tasks and perform other ad-hoc tasks.
What you must have:
- Accountancy qualification (ideally ACCA or CIMA)
- Ideally 2+ years' experience working in a finance team of a similar sized company;
- Ninja Excel skills, experience of management accounts and forecasting;
- Exposure to one or more accounting packages, ideally MYOB/AccountEdge;
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy workload with competing priorities in a calm and professional manner;
- Flexibility and a proactive attitude is important, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- The ability to use initiative and good jedgment to problem-solve independently.
If all this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that summarises your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet. Please note that if your application doesn't include these items, it will not go forward for consideration.
Deadline for applications is: Wednesday 25th April 2018. We'll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don't delay in applying!
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.