Digital Communications Officer - Part-time
Digital Communications Officer
12 months FTC
£23-£28k pro rata per annum + generous benefits
The Big Lottery Fund is the largest distributor of National Lottery funding.
We award grants to projects and activities that make communities stronger and more vibrant, and that is led by the people who live in them.
In 2016/17 we awarded over £700 million (including 10,000 grants under £10,000), supporting charities, community groups, and people with great ideas - local or national, large or small.
We’re looking for a Digital Communications Officer to join us in the Brand, Digital and Partnerships team on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
The role is for three days a week, including a Friday (with flexibility on the other days).
You’ll be working across the Big Lottery Fund’s digital channels, including social media, website and email.
The role touches on all aspects of the Fund’s work, from the wider communications team to the projects that we fund. Because of this, you’ll need to be a confident communicator and great at networking.
Excellent editorial skills are essential, and experience of (or interest in) other types of digital content, such as video, would be an advantage.
You’ll have the chance to think creatively, come up with ideas, and use your knowledge and judgement to make recommendations, all with the support of a friendly and enthusiastic team.
Skills and experience
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing and planning content for fast-moving social media channels.
- Experience of using digital tools and platforms, such as website content management systems or email marketing platforms.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, being able to adapt your style and tone appropriately depending on the format and channel of content.
- Be a confident and precise communicator, with the ability to build good working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and deal with changing and competing priorities.
- Be an advocate for followers, subscribers and website users – always aiming to meet their needs through digital channels.
- Have experience of using data, analytics and evaluation to help you and your colleagues learn and improve.
If you are interested in this post please click the link to apply. The closing date is Sunday 18 March 2018. Interviews will take place week commencing 26 March 2018.
The Fund is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities and will respond positively to meet individual needs throughout the recruitment process. Once in post, the Fund will ensure that any appropriate reasonable adjustments to our workplace are made, in order to support colleagues with any form of disability.