General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In response to the EU legislation regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) has proposed that GDPR should be implemented into UK Law to replace the Data Protection Act in order that data privacy regulations are harmonised across the EU by May 2018.
HMRC will be appointing a GDPR Programme Director to establish the programme structure, identify sources of funding and staffing, direct the team during the development of the investment case and implementation and manage senior stakeholders across HMRC (including ExCom and the
Audit & Risk Committee) and government (such as the Cabinet Office).
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation of the GDPR for HMRC and managing relationships across a multi-supplier environment;
- Working seamlessly with the other functional units in CDIO to achieve flawless delivery;
- Managing complex supply relationships or commercial issues affecting the changes to be delivered;
- Challenging supplier solutions, costs and timescales;
- Championing the development of project delivery skills and capabilities within the Programme;
- Leading, directing, motivating and managing the project teams undertaking GDPR implementation activity.
Please see the attached Information Pack for more details about the role and for the person specification. Candidates will be assessed against the specification given in the pack.