Head of Portfolio Delivery
6 days left
As head of portfolio delivery, the post holder has a key role to play with overseeing and facilitating the successful delivery of a complex portfolio of change. HM Land Registry’s (HMLR) transformation portfolio consists of a number of significant programmes, projects and some business as usual activity, all of which needs to be co-ordinated, aligned and managed to ensure delivery of our business strategy. The post holder will work closely with programme managers, SROs and programme directors to create and hold a portfolio level delivery plan to identify and manage complex interdependencies. They will also be responsible for day to day risk and issue management to secure delivery of the portfolio, negotiating and agreeing changes to plans, taking into account cost and benefit implications and escalating issues to the Transformation Board as necessary.
The post holder will be the functional lead for all PPM resource within HMLR, responsible for managing and allocating all PPM resource according to portfolio priorities. As deputy head of profession, they will be responsible for building the capacity and capability of the function to meet the organisation’s needs.
Main Duties will include:
• Manage the integration of project outputs and dependencies to support strategic objectives ensuring overall change impact across the business is understood, managed and informs effective stakeholder management.
• Develop and own a portfolio level view of significant risks and issues within projects and programmes, acting as first point of contact for all cross-programme escalations. Provide view on risk position at monthly Transformation Board and advise on solutions where necessary.
• Apply industry best practise to design, agree and implement a fit for purpose transformation portfolio plan for HMLR.
• Embed and maintain project delivery standards across the whole of HMLR’s portfolio of programme delivery
• Ensure the timely provision of professional resources needed to deliver projects and programmes within the Transformation Portfolio.
• Directly line manage and provide professional support and expert advice to a team of project and programme managers, actively building the project and programme profession across HMLR.
• Provide visible and effective leadership as part of the Transformation Directorate Senior Leadership Team, including deputising for the Director of Transformation where required.
Regular travel to other HMLR offices will be required, with overnight stays expected where appropriate.
Direct line management responsibility for 1 x SRA1 and up to 7 x SRA2 Programme Managers
Budget holder; acts in line with requirements detailed in personal letter of delegation from Accounting Officer.
The following Experience and Skills are essential:
• Delivering results in a complex change management environment working across multiple delivery programmes
• Strong leadership in a matrix structure and building trusted working relationships with colleagues at all levels
• At least 5 years’ experience of working in a formal project or programme environment
• Proven ability of creating and delivering against a complex plan of programme change at organisational level
• Experience of managing senior stakeholders