Cook - Cunningham House, Pike Way, North Weald, Epping, CM16 6BL
Competitive pay rates plus Benefits.
Hours of Work - 26 hours a week, including every other weekend.
Abbeyfield are looking to recruit a Cook to work in our well established Care Home in North Weald.
Working as a Cook for Abbeyfield you will be working alongside the rest of the team to ensure that residents enjoy a varied and nutritious diet in accordance with their dietary requirements and nutrition and Hydration needs.
The role of a Cook includes the following tasks:
- To work closely with the Chef to help develop a healthy balanced menus taking into account dietary requirements and personal preferences.
- To support with the ordering of catering supplies, and do quality check on the produce that comes into the home.
- To maintain the cleaning procedures within the kitchen and storage areas.
- To ensure all COSHH and food and safety regulations requirements are adhered to and recorded.
- To ensure at you support the Chef to work in line with the current catering budget.
The following requirements are essential for the role of a Cook:
- A demonstrable ability to cook to a good standard.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- To be able to read and write to a good standard.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
The following requirements are desirable for the role of a Cook:
- A relevant NVQ2 or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in a similar role
- Working in services for older people