Kitchen Assistant - Epping
Competitive Pay Rate - 30 hours per week
Abbeyfield are looking to recruit Kitchen Assistants to work in their Care Homes in the Epping Area.
Working as a Kitchen Assistant at Abbeyfield you will maintain a clean environment in all areas of the House to maximize residents comfort and enjoyment of their surroundings.
The role of Kitchen Assistant includes the following responsibilities:
- To manage the cleaning procedures and schedules for the kitchen in accordance with Environmental Health standards.
- To undertake basic food and drink preparation as directed by the Head Chef.
- To be responsible for the daily use of catering equipment and reporting any defects to the Head Chef/Home Manager/Maintenance person.
- To ensure the correct use of all equipment and products in line with COSHH requirements.
- To ensure all deliveries received are correctly placed into fridge / freezers or store areas.
- To keep the kitchen and store areas in a clean and hygienic condition.
- Ensure all food related activities comply with food safety regulations and the completion of all relevant records in relation to food safety as directed.
The following requirements are essential:
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- To be able to read and write to a good standard.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Show an understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
- Willing to travel for training as required.
The following requirements are desirable:
- A relevant qualification NVQ2 or equivalent (or willingness to work towards).
- Working in services for older people.