Head Chef - New Malden
35 hours a week working to a rotating shift pattern covering 7 days a week.
A flexible approach is needed to cover other shifts when needed
Abbeyfield are looking to recruit a Head Chef to manage our kitchen provision within our Care Home.
Working as a Head Chef you will ensure that residents enjoy a varied and nutritious diet in accordance with their dietary requirements and nutrition and Hydration needs.
The role of a Head Chef includes the following tasks:
- To develop healthy balanced menus taking into account dietary requirements and personal preferences.
- To order and track catering supplies.
- To manage cleaning procedures of kitchen and storage areas.
- To ensure all COSHH and food and safety regulations requirements are adhered to and recorded.
- To ensure all activities are kept within the catering budget.
- To manage and supervise kitchen staff.
The following requirements are essential:
- Relevant experience in a catering environment.
- A passion for high quality food and service.
- A highly motivated leader, able to demonstrate strong organisational and management skills.
- Ability to recognise potential problems and identify and carry through effective solutions.
- NVQ level 2 in Food preparation, food service and food hygiene or equivalent.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of sourcing and purchasing cost effective catering supplies.
The following requirements are desirable:
- Working in services for older people.
- Experience of events and functions catering.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team.
A compassionate, can-do person with experience of supporting older people. To you, its more than just a job. Its a role where you happily go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of older people. A belief in giving your personal best at all times
What well offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary in line with the living wage.
- Child care vouchers.
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development.
- Uniform provided.
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available.
Who we are
We are a not for profit organisation which has been established since 1956 when the dream of one man, Richard Carr-Gomm, became a reality. He recognised that a lot of older people were both neglected and isolated and he dedicated the rest of his life to building our charity that has been helping thousands of people across Britain and the world.
During our 60 years weve developed Richards dream and our 500+ houses and homes are run by specialist staff that are determined to provide all our residents exceptional standards of help and support. Weve developed just the right formula that allows us to flexibly provide individual levels of assistance when and where theyre needed.
We are proud of the quality of what we do, and not only are we monitored and regulated by the HCA and CQC, but we have implemented our own bespoke quality standard.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, youre in good hands.
This post is subject to a DBS check.