Paralegal (Grade 2)
- A competitive salary
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays (pro-rata for part time roles)
- Development & Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension
- Staff Social Club
- Excellent office facilities - including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- On-site catering subsidised by the company
- Employee incentives - Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career opportunities
- Handling written, email and telephone correspondence from customers, clients, court, third parties and other departments and ensuring delivery is in line with client SLA’s
- Assist Fee Earners with any legal research
- Drafting and preparation of witness statements
- Reviewing evidence and deciding best course of action
- Assist Fee Earners with any complex contested matters
- Drafting and preparation of hearing papers
- Assist with drafting any Reply and/or Defence to Counterclaims
- Assist with drafting any ad-hoc applications
- Compliance with any directions and/or orders
- Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Studying towards or completed Level 6 CILEX
- Sound knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and court procedures
- At least 2 years Commercial/Debt Litigation experience dealing with a volume caseload
- Ability to identify and achieve solutions to problems and disputes
- Ability to work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines
- Understanding of the SRA codes of conduct and FCA rules
- Applicants must have the ability to organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and effectively communicate with interested parties.
- Strong team-focused work ethic.
- Positive outlook.
- Driven attitude.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrable desire to succeed and be passionate in dealings with customers and clients.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team!
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us by 31st March 2018, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80294789