Cafe Assistant - Lilleshall Hall National Sports Centre
Salary: £6.05 - £7.50 (Depending on age)
Location: Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre, Shropshire, TF10 9AT
Hours: 30 per week
The Cafe Assistant’s role is to work within the cafe team to achieve high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will also ensure food is hygienically prepared and served in accordance with standards laid down by the Cafe Supervisor.
The successful applicant will be required to work 30 hours per week, Monday-Sunday, working various shifts from 7am - 3pm, 11am -7pm. 08:30am - 4:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and all relevant Food Safety Legislation and smoke free law is complied with
- Carry out cleaning duties to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout
- Undertake and record temperature checks and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained
- Ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently
- Ensure financial and cash handling procedures are complied with
- Prepare food and beverages as necessary in accordance with café menus and as required by the Cafe Supervisor
- Replenish stocks within the café and vending machines as required by the Café Supervisor
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager
- Be flexible and able to react to the needs of the business, help with holiday cover and sickness cover
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the catering industry desirable, level 2 food safety desirable, ideally has worked in a café environment or catering.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Heavily discounted meals
- Free use of gym/on-site exercise facilities
Set in spectacular surroundings, Lilleshall is one of the UK’s National Sports Centres, training grounds and centres of excellence for the country’s leading sportsmen and women. It aims to provide a 'World Class Experience', where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
Serco work in partnership with Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre. You can view this amazing estate at http://www.lilleshallnsc.co.uk/
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80195654