Permanent Part-Time (20 hours) Bookkeeper, Haddenham, £28-£30k (pro-rata)
Your new company
A small and independent business located in Haddenham are currently looking for a part time bookkeeper to play a pivotal role in the company, maintaining and producing accounts for the business.
Your new role
The role is for an in-house bookkeeper who will be responsible for the day to day data input and maintenance of accounts for the company. The role includes the following tasks:
- Data entry including - purchase invoices, sales invoices, general expenses and petty cash, Bank reconciliations on multi-currency accounts.
- Control account reconciliations for sales and purchases
- Manage duty deferment account with HMRC
- Suppliers payroll run
- Assisting with the chasing of debtors
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly payroll for 6 employees on Sage Payroll
- Preparation of monthly management accounts from Sage system and year end accounts information to accountants. Soon to change to Netsuite.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant will be an experienced bookkeeper / accountant and will possess a wide range of book keeping knowledge with particular emphasis on computer based accounting packages, VAT return preparation & payroll. Knowledge of Sage accounts and Sage Payroll would be beneficial, along with good computer skills and an ability to use Word and Excel. Knowledge of Netsuite or Oracle would be an advantage. You will be motivated, well organised, and commercially minded. In addition, you will possess good interpersonal skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to provide accurate work in a timely manner and display a flexible professional approach. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. You will need to have previous bookkeeping, VAT, Payroll and accounts preparation experience.
What you'll get in return
The salary being offered for this role is between £28-£30k (pro-rata). The working hours are 20 per week, these hours are flexible. Holiday is 20 days plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata). Salary review annually in November. Auro-enrolment pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80333529