HR Advisor - Milton Keynes College
Milton Keynes College have an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to support our Offender Learning Operations HR Team.
As a HR Advisor, you will offer support to our HR Operations team with a timely and professional contribution to employment cases. You will work as part of the team responding to a variety of needs of the HR Business Partners, providing additional support across the regions where required.
You will support the operational caseload including grievances, disciplinary, capability, and absence management cases. You will advise on cases from investigation through to formal action using the HR policies and procedures as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have a sound level of Generalist HR knowledge and experience to be able to respond effectively to daily operational HR issues, while also having the ability to provide HR advice that takes into account the specific needs of the prison, ensuring HR tailors it approach and avoids a one size fits all style. You will also have excellent IT skills in order to produce reports and understand trends in data to identify any action required to support the HR Business Partner.
Location: Chaffron Way, Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: Circa £25,000 per annum
Closing Date: 22 nd March 2018
Milton Keynes College: Rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As a successful candidate, you will…
- Be part or fully qualified as a Chartered Member of CIPD with evidence of Continued Professional Development
- Have a full clean driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
- Be highly organised and able to work effectively on a variety of pressured and time bound activities at the same time.
- Be pragmatic, business focused and legally compliant
- Be a confident, professional communicator, both orally and in writing
- Excellent computer literacy with experience of using MS Word and Excel
- Proven experience of producing accurate, reliable and numerate work.
- Good organisation skills, able to manage your workload efficiently & effectively
- The confidence to deal with individuals at all levels in a welcoming, willing and helpful way, whilst adhering to company policies
- Professionalism to maintain confidentiality at all times
- A confident, professional manner with excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.