Night Awake Care Worker
Are you a Care Worker looking to change people’s lives?
Langley House Trust has an opportunity for a Night Awake Care Worker to join our Care Home team based in Taunton on a full time or part time, permanent basis working a maximum of 40 hours per week (some of which will be unsocial). The successful candidate will receive a salary of £19,193 per annum.
Langley House Trust is an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
As our Night Awake Care Worker it will be your responsibility to assist in the delivery of a stable and effective programme through the efficient delivery of the day-to-day service.
Responsibilities of our Night Awake Care Worker include:
- Take an active role in the assessment and management of risk including the operation of physical and situational security measures to control the level of risk posed to the public, staff and other service users.
- Ensure that daily log sheets are maintained and that all relevant information is recorded and shared.
- Provide personal care to identified service users. To update Care Plans for service users and to implement a care plan. To keep health related records for Service Users as necessary. To meet with health and social service professionals.
- Take a full part in the project rota.
- Ensure that all medication within the project is managed in line with Trust policy and procedures.
- Ensure that service users are able to participate as fully as possible in the life of the project.
- Support Service User Inclusion and Training representatives so that they are equipped to reflect the views of other service users at meetings and to assist with the management of complaints to seek resolutions.
- You may be required to prepare a room for the arrival of a new service user. Communal areas and office space will require tidying, bins emptied, etc.
- Ensure that the service user is offered food according to their dietary need and has access to food and drink 24/7. To prepare food as required.
To become our Night Awake Care Worker you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Literate to write letters and reports
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment
- Good communication skills & desire to care for people
- Able to deal discretely with delicate matters
- Flexible attitude to rapid changes in task
- Relates well to people of any background
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Night Awake Care Worker please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 15/03/2018
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants.
Please note that a satisfactory DBS check is required for all appointments within the Trust and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80063745