Teacher of Science - Part Time
Teacher of Science
Start September or earlier
Hartsdown Academy is a mixed non selective school of 900 students, located in Margate. It is rated 'good' by Ofsted (2014) and is a strategic partner of East Kent Learning Alliance.
Matthew Tate is the Headteacher and the school also runs the Thanet Skills Studio, delivering vocational education to other schools in the area.
Hartsdown is well known for its inclusivity, with 35% of its students having English as an additional language, originating mainly from eastern European countries. The school also specialises in integrating unaccompanied asylum seeking minors into the state education system.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced Science Teacher with passion and enthusiasm to join our team at Hartsdown Academy. We are at a new phase of improvement and development and we are looking for passionate teachers to be part of this exciting journey.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a UK qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Be able to teach Science up to GCSE level
- Have high expectations of young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential.
- Hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in their professional role.
In return we will offer you:
- An exciting environment where you can really make a difference
- Being part of a small local trust that is totally committed to its staff and children
- Significant opportunities for CPD and development
For more information about working with us, or to obtain an application pack please contact our recruitment partner, Hazel Baxter at Hays Education on 01273 729465 or
Hartsdown Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a DBS Employment Check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80049574