Home Care Assistant & Companion
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Homecare Assistant & Companion? Are you interested in evening part-time hours in the Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Luton, Barton-le-Clay or Flitwick areas of Bedfordshire, and are you a car driver?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning homecare provider, specialising in companionship led support to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people who are very much still active, but who would love a friend to boost their confidence and help them remain independent. You will be helping them achieve this by:
- Offering support to help them with their morning or bedtime routine;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups;
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments;
- Preparing nutritious and hearty meals;
- Simply just being a friend and someone for company.
Being a Homecare Assistant & Companion, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
Shifts patterns available include:
- 7am to 11am;
- 11am to 14.00pm;
- 14.00pm to 18.00pm;
- 18.00pm to 22.30pm.
If you are available for a few hours on weekdays or weekend, then this position is perfect for you!
There are also some terrific benefits too:
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.00 - £16.00 per hour.
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What skills do you need to be a Homecare Assistant & Companion?
- Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
- You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
- The ability to be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with is so important.
- You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine, once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80069948