Insurance Claims Technician (Part Time)
Insurance Claims Technician ( Part Time )
Reporting to - Insurance Claims Team Leader
Location - Bury St Edmunds
Business Unit and Department - Legal
Reference number - 42185
Employment Period - Permanent – Part Time - 20 hours Flexible
Contract Type - Personal Contract
CIP Level / Bonus - 5%
Salary £23,000 - £29,000 Pro Rata
Closing Date - 10/03/2018
We also offer :
Annual leave 25 days
Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
To provide a professional insurance claims handling service to UK Power Networks. To handle complex insured claims on behalf of UK Power Networks’ captive insurance companies and external insurers and to handle a large volume of uninsured claims. To provide accurate and timely advice to all businesses on claims and issues arising from UK Power Networks’ relationships with customers/suppliers and members of the public.
- Personally undertake conduct of claims on behalf of UK Power Networks companies under the direction and supervision of the Insurance Team Leader so as to bring about a successful resolution of such claims.
- Advise UK Power Networks companies in relation to claims/litigation arising from its various activities.
- Work closely with UKPN’s Legal Department and Insurance Manager with regard to managing claims and reporting internally and to external insurers.
- Liaise with insurers, external advisors, experts and contractors as necessary.
- Work closely with Customer Care to assist with claims from customers.
- Liaise with Operations and Health, Safety and Sustainability in relation to incidents where there is the potential for a claim to be made against UKPN..
Nature and Scope
The Insurance Claims Team is headed by the Insurance Claims Team Leader. The team is part of the Legal Directorate as set out in the attached organisation charge. The General Counsel and Company Secretary reports direct to Chief Executive Officer.
The post holder’s main role will be to achieve cost effective claims solutions through the following:
- The handling of incoming claims from customers, members of the public and employees aiming to protect the corporate image of the organisation by achieving a satisfactory result for the genuine claimant at an acceptable cost whilst ensuring that the requirements of insurers are satisfied.
- Assist in maximising the recovery of uninsured losses from third parties.
- Liaise with insurers and brokers, including assisting in the provision of renewal claims data.
- Proactively support the Insurance Manager in the operation and management of the insurance programme.
- Liaise with loss adjusters and other external claims investigators.
- Liaise with internal and external solicitors and counsel who may be appointed on the commencement of litigation.
- Ensure that sufficient provisions/reserves are maintained for all claims.
- Ensure the prompt first notification of claims and incidents that may give rise to claims.
- The provision of accurate, prompt and relevant advice to assist businesses in meeting their commercial aims and to mitigate business risks and ensure that lessons are learnt from previous mistakes.
The post holder ideally is an insurance claims professional able to demonstrate wide experience in handling employee and public liability claims and motor claims. Alternatively the post holder must have significant and wide ranging commercial/business knowledge preferably with customer relations/liaison experience and be able to quickly adapt and seize the opportunity to learn in an insurance/legal claims environment.
A proactive, logical and pragmatic approach is needed to achieve commercially acceptable solutions to a wide variety of claims. The post holder must be able to communicate confidently and effectively in print and orally including intensive telephone liaison with customers in what is frequently a challenging role. The post holder must be able to work accurately to tight timescales in pressure situations and manage often competing priorities and demands. The post holder must be a team player able to manage his/her own workload.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control, and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied
If in doubt ask!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960230161