Girling Jones are proud to be working with a leading engineering firm who are wishing to hire a part time Bid Assistant. This is a central and key role within a busy Business Development team. This role will report to the Bid Manager and will be responsible for supporting the BD team grow the UK business.
The ideal candidate will
- Have experience of bid / tender processes - from PQQ through to submission
- The ideal candidate will be creative and have experience of creating marketing content for bids / newsletters / website / social media
- You must have strong proof reading and attention to detail skills
- Be competent using MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Ideally have experience of or be willing to learn Adobe InDesign
- Have an interest in marketing / business development
- Have a high degree of self-motivation and an enquiring mind-set
- Industry experience (construction or engineering) including experience of technical copy writing / editing would be an advantage.
Key duties will include:
- You will be gathering and co-ordinating information relating to individual bids, submissions and Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs),
- Progressing and chasing input to bids, escalating issues where appropriate to ensure bids are completed on time and to deadlines.
- Creating compelling content to ensure bids and supporting documentation highlight the company value proposition
- Act as central point of contact and collate information relating to standard bid requirements; providing basic information (organisation charts, case studies etc) to support preparation and submission of large, complex and / or bespoke tenders, proposals or quotes.
- Ensuring presentation of company information and branding is consistent and matches with our corporate image.
- Identifying suitable case studies; liaising directly with Directors and Engineers to gather understanding of projects and creatively producing copy accordingly.
- Adding value to bids by improving the quality of the written response, writing case studies and presentation materials and utilising Adobe InDesign, MS Office and in particular MS Powerpoint where required.
- Proof reading, collating, updating presentations, printing and binding of bids and submissions.
- Adding to, using and maintaining the CRM system where required
- Supporting the marketing consultant as required (drafting content, updating website, social media, newsletters and other communication / marketing materials as required)
- They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is degree educated and has experience working in a bid or marketing capacity within a professional services environment. A keen interest in the property field would be a bonus and strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
This is a great opportunity to be working for a great business in Bristol. As the role is part time, there is flexibility in working hours.
Gerous pay and great benefits
If you would like to find out more information or if you would like to considered for this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now!
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960277686