Marketing Assistant within the Travel industry
My client has asked me to help the find a new Marketing Assistant for their busy, central travel company.
You will be jointly responsible for the successful planning and execution of offline marketing activity aimed at increasing brand awareness and driving sales Online, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring all content across our digital channels is accurate, up to date and reflective of the brand personality and tone of voice.
* Joint management, along with external design agency & in conjunction with product & marketing teams, of minimum two annual DM pieces
* Events: booking, planning & staffing at 3 or 4 annual external events, including client evenings & presentations.
* PR: monitoring all print travel media & assisting with press trip logistics
* Collation and management of database of Tourist Boards, AITO Specialist Agents and other potential trade partners
* Provision of regular insight into current Responsible Travel initiatives
* Client database maintenance: particularly related to GDPR
* Following up on potential sales leads (e.g. brochure requests)
* Assist DMM (based in Paris) with SM research: Twitter lists, curating content, FB & Google analytics etc aimed at driving engagement and meeting key monthly metrics.
* Audit & tidy blog & website content
* Digital PR: research into & identification of database of key travel bloggers & influencers, along with monitoring of online PR opportunities.
* Content marketing: involvement in creation and execution of blog content plan and other content opportunities, including video.
* Liaison with PPC agency and monitoring of our campaign stats via Adwords
* Overhaul & management of our image library
* Competitor analysis, including visiting trade shows such as Destinations
* Responsible for accuracy (factual & tone of voice) of all trip content online
* Creation & maintenance of internal communications network for our partners
* Research into demographic groups (e.g. families) and their profiles & personas.
Key skills you will need to apply for this role:
* Must be articulate
* Excellent written & spoken English. Copywriting skills: ability to write clearly, accurately and creatively for a variety of online and offline pieces and a variety of audiences, including clients and partners. A confident, individual, friendly and enthusiastic style.
* Excellent attention to detail
* A quick learner
* Confident people person and communicator
* Understanding of and interest in content marketing practices, with experience of Digital PR processes
* Proven ability to see a project through methodically from start to finish
* Comfortable with taking ownership and your own initiative
* Experience of working with Google AdWords & Analytics and of the paid search/PPC world.
* Experience in video content creation
* Speaking English and Spanish would be an advantage
* Experience of CRM data analysis and interpretation to inform marketing decisions and strategy.
Although previous travel industry experience is not necessary, it is obviously an advantage. You should have a love of travel and be able to travel occasionally within this role.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on line or call 01273 87154 and talk to Katie or Meika.
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.