Part Time Customer Representative - Bexhill
Are you passionate about delivering amazing customer service? Do you enjoy supporting customers? Are you looking to be a part of an ambitious, rewarding and vibrant working environment? Then look no further!
If so, then come and join Hastings Direct, a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.6 million live customer policies and employing over 3,000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We're looking for part Customer Representatives to join us in our Bexhill head office- down by the sea. You'd be primarily covering evenings and weekends and can work anywhere between 15.5-30 hours per week.
We put colleagues at the heart of how we do things here. We support their development, provide them with the skills and knowledge to do their job, listen to their ideas and encourage them to be involved within the local community. Hard work is recognised here, we celebrate and reward personal achievements as well our company successes.
So, what will you be doing as a Customer Representative?
- You will be providing exceptional service to new customers (or policy holders as they're also known) looking to buy an insurance policy from us, helping to shape their policy to meet their insurance needs as well as dealing with queries from existing customers to ensure we're meeting their expectations
- No two calls are the same and your responsibilities will range from changing drivers on a policy to taking a payment, or simply explaining in more detail to customers about our policies
- The role can be challenging, with targets to meet and you will be trained to take a variety of calls across the customer lifecycle; from sales, customer service and renewals
- Use your excellent service skills to ensure that every customer is treated in a refreshingly straightforward way
We're looking for people who:
- Have experience in delivering amazing customer service
- Are comfortable in talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport with customers
- Have strong active listening skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Are motivated to achieve positive results and reach targets
- Have experience and are comfortable with using a PC and keyboard, as this will form a core part of your role if successful
No insurance experience is necessary; we will invest in your training from day one, and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
What you'll get in return:
- We offer a competitive starting salary of £17,170 (pro rata-ed) which will increase as you develop and progress within the role up to £19,828
- 23 days annual leave
- A competitive pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Access to our rewards database, which provides discounts for hundreds of retailers
- Other working benefits, such as childcare vouchers and health cash plans
- Knowledge, training and opportunities to develop within your role and career
Part time hours:
- Please note that our customer contact centre is open from 0800 - 2100 Monday - Friday, 0800 - 1730 Saturday and 0900 - 1700 Sunday
- As a part time Customer Representative you will be required to primarily cover our evening and weekend shifts.
- You can work anywhere between 15.5 and 30 hours per week
- Our hotspots are between Monday and Friday 1900-2100 and all day on Saturday and Sunday
- We need you to commit to a Monday or a Friday evening and a Saturday or a Sunday every week
- We'd like you to cover as many of our hotspot hours as possible but we will work with you to create a working pattern that suits you
- Varying start and finish times available
- During your training period only you will be required to work Monday-Friday 1730-2100 for a duration of 8-14 weeks. You will then join our academy for up to 20 weeks which will be a combination of training and contracted hours
- Please note that you'll be unable to change your hours until you've passed your probation
If you are passionate about supporting with customers and are seeking a role in a vibrant, fast paced and friendly environment, then we want to hear from you today.