Technical Negotiator- Leicester
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.5 million customers and employing over 3000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We now have opportunities in our technical claims department in Leicester. As a Technical Negotiator, your role will be to assist and support our customers when they need us most by proactively managing a portfolio of cases, investigating liability and third party presented quantum claims and agreeing fair outcomes within policy and legal liability
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Gather information to enable early arrival at the correct liability decision giving consideration to economic settlement, pro-actively secure appropriate recoveries to limit business exposure
- Settle Third Party Claims within financial handling authority to achieve the optimum claims settlement using department and best practice strategies, whilst at all times giving appropriate consideration to avoidance of unjustified litigation and unnecessary spend
- Identify potential fraudulent cases and liaise with the relevant departments to combat fraud
- Negotiating between the Policy holder, Solicitors and Third Parties to get the best outcome for our customers
- Manage and own the customer experience (including third party), ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and Internal Processes and Procedures
- Manage and maintain effective relationship with both internal (Hire, Intervention, Customer Claims, Counter Fraud, Underwriting) and external stakeholders (Repairers, Solicitors, Investigators) to ensure service level agreements, internal and external policies and governance are adhered to.
In order to be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Telephone based work experience desirable, along with excellent problems solving skills coupled with a proactive approach to work.
- Basic IT and inputting skills, essential for data entry on to IS200
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Access desirable.
- Experience within the insurance industry (motor) in a claims handling role is essential
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop your career. We can are also able to consider flexible working.
If this sounds like you then please don't hesitate and apply today!